The holiday’s are here at long last – let the shopping begin!
Christmas Shopping in New York City
New York City is the perfect destination for a Christmas holiday. Besides the range of holiday season activities, renowned NYC attractions and fabulous hotel accommodation offerings ?? New York City is a shopper’s paradise. With the range of shopping opportunities on offer, Christmas shopping in the Big Apple is a unique and exciting experience. Christmas shopping can, however, get a little harrowing – that’s why we’ve put together a list of the top 10 survival tips for Christmas shopping in New York City.
Top 10 Christmas Shopping Tips
- Do your Christmas shopping as early as possible – this way you avoid the crowds as well as last minute stressed gift decisions.
- Make a list of everyone you need to buy for and think about what you’d like to get them, before you embark on your shopping trip. This eliminates aimless wandering from shop to shop.
- Buy a few extra gifts – you never know when someone’s going to turn up at your doorstep bearing gifts (chocolates and biscuits are always a good bet).
- Plan your shopping route in advance – by knowing what gifts you are going to buy at what stores you will save yourself countless hours that would have been spent driving around from place to place in holiday traffic.
- Eliminate the huge credit card bills by drawing up a budget for Christmas gifts and sticking to it!
- Set a limit on the cost of gifts you are planning on buying.
- When you feel yourself getting a little close to the edge in the shops – take a break. Head for the nearest coffee shop or restaurant and relax for a bit before tackling the rest.
- Christmas shopping on the Internet is extremely popular – just make sure you have it all done by the end of November to ensure that the gifts arrive in time.
- If the shop you purchase a gift at offers a gift wrapping service – take it. There’s nothing worse than being up to your elbows in cellotape and wrapping paper on Christmas Eve.
- Whatever you do ?? don’t leave Christmas shopping to the last possible minute – the stress of crowded shops, gridlock traffic and unprecedented noise volumes is simply not worth it.
Let us know if you have any other tips for shopping during the Festive Season.