New York City is home of the delis. A classic New York eatery offering traditionally food of Jewish origin, delis are a permanent feature in any local’s food fest. Here are some of the best Delis in New York:
- Carnegie Deli – Famous for its huge sandwiches, pastrami and corned beef; a true New York deli experience.
- Katz’s Deli – Located in the Lower East Side, reputed as one of the area’s best delis.
- Barney Greengrass – A classic Jewish eatery, offering great brunches and delicious fish dishes.
- Ess-a-Bagel – Reputed as being one of the best places to get a bagel in New York City, this restaurant offers a wide range of spreads to fill the classic round roll.
- Zabar’s Café – A New York classic with a wide range of deli meats, coffees, fish and types of bread.
- Stage Deli – Many of the waiters at this deli are trying to break into the theatre scene, so guests are often entertained with theatrical pieces and song renditions.
- Sarge’s Deli – Open 24/7, this deli also serves alcohol and is famed for the ??Deli Wellington’ dish.
- Ben’s Kosher Deli – This deli hosts the annual Most Ball Eating Contest and mixes old deli classics with new exciting dishes.
- Artie’s Deli – One of the premier delis in New York City, this joint is named after restaurateur Artie Cutler. Known for its old-school classic meal options.
- Eisenberg Sandwich Shop – A ??pre-war’ serving classics such as chopped liver and tuna salad, at reasonable prices.
Click for a guide of other great NYC restaurants from pizzerias to Chinese food to Italian restaurants.