A Landmark Building
The historic building which houses the New York City Police Museum was built between 1909 and 1911. The first precinct was located here until 1973 when it merged with the fourth precinct and moved uptown to its larger station house.
Constructed in the Neo-Italian Renaissance architectural style, at the time the first precinct was considered to be a model station house. Its design was emulated at police stations all across the country.
The building was dedicated in 2001 as the home of the Police Museum by the city’s mayor at the time, Rudolph Giuliani.